Sunday, June 10, 2012

[World Environment Day] Exhibition (06/06/2012)


World Environment Day Exhibition

Green Tuvalu. Act Now!

 Photos by Tracy

Eat the veggies to reduce the carbon footprint!

Local food is better than import food!

Veggie is better than meat!


Though I just stayed here 5 months, I really thought being part of Tuvaluan.
I am not a visitor; I am a friend of Tuvalu…
I knew the garbage problem always being the crucial issue, and the problem can’t be solved immediately.
And I always felt guilty, when I bought the import goods from the shop, and I threw the empty can or bottle into the trashcan.
Because I knew there is the only way to deal with the rubbish—drop to the end of island!
The rubbish are gonna form a mountain and WHAT CAN WE DO?

                       
We can try to minimize the import food to reduce the rubbish as much as we can. Because the soil is poor here, and sometimes we face the food shortage.
We can plant the veggies by ourselves. At the same time, I think we should try to use the incinerator, sort and recycle the rubbish.

It's hard for us to eliminate the reliance of import food. And we can’t limit the rubbish today and save the world tomorrow. But we can do something different to our land, our country, and next generation…

After all, we are so small when we face the wonderful nature. We should try our best to protect and respect HER.     





























No comments:

Post a Comment